While dinner and roses are nice, why not plan something more extraordinary with your special someone this Valentine’s Day weekend? Here are some amazing date ideas all around San Diego to make Valentine’s this year one to remember.
Up, up and away! If you’re up for an adventure, what better way to experience San Diego than from the sky? Here are three great date ideas for all of you dare devils out there.
- Barnstorming Adventures: Take a private flight tour around San Diego in a vintage WW2 bi plane, war bird or air combat plane. Barnstorming Adventures also has a Special Fly/Dine Package, which includes a one-hour flight an dinner for two at Island Prime on the bay at Harbor Island. To learn more, visit their website here.
- Skydive San Diego: Get ready for one of the most exhilarating experiences of your life, skydiving! After a brief training session, you and your date will free fall from 13,000 feet above, accompanied by a licensed instructor (both solo and tandem skydiving packages are available). Skydive San Diego is the region’s only full-service parachute center and is located on a private airport in Jamul dedicated to skydiving, just 25 miles from downtown San Diego. Learn more here.
- Torrey Pines Gliderport: Paragliding or hang gliding tandem flights are unforgettable, and especially so when you’re soaring across the La Jolla coastline, one of America’s most scenic places. Then after your flying adventure, dine at Cliffhanger Café, located high atop the sea cliffs of Torrey Pines. Valentine’s Day gift certificates can also be purchased.
Interactive “hands-on” Valentine’s Day dates. Are you and your date more of the interactive-type? Here are a few great “hands-on” date activities in San Diego you’ll enjoy.
- Daydreams Ceramic Café: Pottery painting is fun, easy and a great way to relax, together. Pottery also makes an original and personalized gift idea. Daydreams Ceramic Café is located in Eastlake Village Walk in Chula Vista.
- Venissimo Academy of Cheese: Learn the culinary art of cheese making. Take a cheese making class and then sample your creations with a special beer/wine/food pairing. Classes are offered at Venissimo Cheese shops in San Diego, Mission Hills and Del Mar.
- Paint & Palate: Paint, sip and enjoy as you and your partner find your inner Picasso. Just bring yourself and Paint & Palate will take care of everything else (your paint, supplies and instruction). Wine and/or cocktails, beer and food are available for purchase in most classes. Classes are held at different locations throughout San Diego.
Date ideas for couples who love animals and wildlife. If you’re a couple who loves animals and wildlife, here are three great places to be this Valentine’s Day weekend.
- Free Flight Exotic Bird Sanctuary: Head to Del Mar for bird watching at Free Flight Exotic Bird Sanctuary. Some of the birds are also available for adoption. Bird watching makes for a tranquil and romantic date.
- The Patio On Lamont Street: Located in the heart of Pacific Beach, The Patio On Lamont Street offers a special “Pups On The Patio” Happy Hour, where your dog can come along, too! Happy Hour is offered daily from 3-6 PM.
- The Kenner Horse Ranch: Enjoy a day-trip up to Julian and head to The Kenner Horse Ranch for a scenic horseback ride through San Diego County’s scenic parks and wildlife areas. Horseback riding lessons are also available.